What are the RBC Place London Ambassador Awards?
Initiated in 2000, RBC Place London Ambassador Awards recognize local individuals who are influential in bringing a conference or event to London. Since 2000 the RBC Place London Ambassador Awards have recognized 88 individuals for their fervent support of RBC Place London and the city of London in bids to attract provincial, national and international conference and events.
RBC Place London Ambassadors have helped generate significant results for RBC Place London over our 23 year history. All totaled RBC Place London, with help from RBC Place London Ambassadors, has welcomed 2.4 million delegates producing a total economic impact of $232 million for the City of London over the past two decades.
AMBASSADOR AWARDS PROGRAM
- To annually recognize and thank individuals who were influential in attracting a major convention to RBC Place London
- To encourage others to promote London as a destination
- To increase awareness about RBC Place London, particularly among individuals who through their professional activities and involvement within various associations, can attract events to RBC Place London to create greater awareness and understanding about the economic impact of conventions and conferences to our community
Local host/contact who influenced the selection of London for the convention or conference held at RBC Place London for the first time.
- Economic benefit of 200 delegates or more, multiple day event, convention or conference with hotel guestroom requirements
- Confirmed by association as the appropriate individual to be recognized
- Business Development Managers review files from past year to identify host clients who were instrumental in bringing a convention or conference to London
- Follow-up email to association or appropriate official to confirm
- Formal notice/letter from Mayor, RBC Place London's Chair and General Manager advising ambassador of their selection are forwarded
2018 RBC Place London Ambassador Awards
In 2018, we recognized thirteen outstanding individuals whose passion and commitment to their respective organization brought an increased profile for London, and significant economic impact.
- Pat Phinney: Salvation Army Leadership Conference (April 2017)
- Rebecca Ford: Tenno Con (July 2017)
- Wendy McCann: CAMPT-NOD (October 2017)
- Heather Pilot: Best Defence (November 2017)
- Stu Saunders: Global Student Leadership Conference (April 2018)
- Peter Piazza: Festival 2018 Square & Round Dancers (July 2018)
- Chief Neal Roberts: Ontario Association of Paramedic Chiefs (September 2018)
2018 RBC Place London Icon Award:
- London Chamber of Commerce
AMBASSADOR AWARD RECIPIENTS