What are the RBC Place London Ambassador Awards?
Initiated in 2000, RBC Place London Ambassador Awards recognize local individuals who are influential in bringing a conference or event to London. Since 2000 the RBC Place London Ambassador Awards have recognized 94 individuals for their fervent support of RBC Place London and the city of London in bids to attract provincial, national and international conference and events.
RBC Place London Ambassadors have helped generate significant results for RBC Place London over our 30 year history. All totaled RBC Place London, with help from RBC Place London Ambassadors, has welcomed 2.8 million delegates producing a total economic impact of $271 million for the City of London over the past two decades.
AMBASSADOR AWARDS PROGRAM
- To annually recognize and thank individuals who were influential in attracting a major convention to RBC Place London
- To encourage others to promote London as a destination
- To increase awareness about RBC Place London, particularly among individuals who through their professional activities and involvement within various associations, can attract events to RBC Place London to create greater awareness and understanding about the economic impact of conventions and conferences to our community
- Local host/contact who influenced the selection of London for the convention or conference held at RBC Place London for the first time.
- Economic benefit of 200 delegates or more, multiple day event, convention or conference with hotel guestroom requirements
- Confirmed by association as the appropriate individual to be recognized
- Business Development Managers review files from past year to identify host clients who were instrumental in bringing a convention or conference to London
- Follow-up email to association or appropriate official to confirm
- Formal notice/letter from Mayor, RBC Place London's Chair and General Manager advising ambassador of their selection are forwarded
2019 RBC Place London Ambassador Awards
In 2019, we recognized thirteen outstanding individuals whose passion and commitment to their respective organization brought an increased profile for London, and significant economic impact.
- Shawn Garner: Canadian Conference for Fisheries Research (January 2019)
- Diana Jedig: Canadian CED Network/EconoUS (September 2019)
- Andrew Kitt: London Comic Con (October 2019)
- Bob Parker: Canadian Association of Professional Speakers (December 2019)
- Sharon Brennan: Habitat for Humanity (May 2020)
2019 RBC Place London Icon Award:
- St. Joseph's Health Care Foundation - Michelle Campbell
AMBASSADOR AWARD RECIPIENTS